The function of the Civil Aviation Division can be summarized as providing national level regulatory oversight of Saint Lucia’s Air Transportation Sector in a manner consistent with international standards, whilst ensuring sector sustainability and maximum contribution to the Economic Development of Saint Lucia.
The Civil Aviation Division manages the relationship between/among:
- The Government
- International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO )
- Eastern Caribbean Civil Aviation Authority (ECCAA);
- St. Lucia Air and Seaports Authority (SLASPA) / Air navigation service provider;
- Accident and Incident Investigation Agency
- Airlines; and National aviation industry
The Division is also responsible for the issuing of licenses for Air Services into St. Lucia through the Air Transport Licensing Board (ATLB).